Re: [Gnump3d-users] Display (and searching) bug when treating ID3v2 with

From: C. Menge
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Display (and searching) bug when treating ID3v2 with multiline comments.
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:29:49 +0200

Steve Kemp wrote:

>> Weeeeeell, yes, now the full title can be seen and everything else works
>> fine too - but the newline is completely killed, so even multiline
>> comments are shown in a single line.
>
>   Yes that's intentional.  The actual effect of the change I made was
>  to strip completely any newline tags, along with any tabs.
>
>   I guess i could convert "\n" to the "<br>" tag to cause a newline
>  in the display, but that might cause other problems.
>
>   Is this a major issue ..?

It's more of a convenience thing, so I believe the answer is "not
really" - but my archive contains a lot of classical music, with artists
listed in the comment tag. This may be up to six or seven lines long.
Seeing this concatenated to a single one makes it not so easy to read -
and not so nice to look at, and depending on my formatting can be even
confusing.

So yes, on the long run I'd vote for the complete solution. Don't rush
it however, the biggest problem is solved.

Thanks a lot!

        Cédric