Re: [Gnump3d-users] Suggestion: Make it possible to delete files from in

From: jimbo
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Suggestion: Make it possible to delete files from interface
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:18:07 +0000

album art is a great idea.

Chris Hendrickson wrote:
I would imagine that it would require a greater level of access
control to be able to specify what users have rights to upload,
delete, rename, move, or otherwise access any sort of "gnump3d file
manager"

It sounds like a good idea on paper, but I think the level of security
controls that would be needed to add would make it less attractive an
option and difficult to simply and securely impliment.

On a side note, one thing I would like to see is support for album
art, Folder.jpg, AlbumArt.jpg, embedded ID3v2 covers, etc.

jimbo wrote:

I suppose i could see it being useful if the user couldn't really
delete a song from the archive--just from their view of available
tracks.  Or maybe if files were moved to some safe harbor location
where an admin would have to actually delete the files.  But that
makes it more complicated.

If I didn't need to worry about users a) decided they knew best, or b)
not paying attention, I'd say it's a good idea.
Which isn't to say it's a bad idea...just one that needs to be thought
through quite a bit.

not that I've ever posted before or that anyone needs to listen to my .02.

kisses,

jimbo.