Re: [Gnump3d-users] Some observations to the current CVS version

From: C. Menge
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Some observations to the current CVS version
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:16:01 +0100

Michael Collard wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 20:32 +0100, C. Menge wrote:
>
>> - The biggest new change is that the song titles aren't displayed
>>   anymore.
>>   Directory names appear as usually, but all the audio files are
>>   displayed like that, completely missing their names:
>>
>>      5.3Mb ]         [Info] [Download]
>>      7.9Mb ]         [Info] [Download]
>>      5.7Mb ]         [Info] [Download]
>>      6.8Mb ]         [Info] [Download]
>
> I think you might find this is due to the tag cache. Try removing it
> (/var/cache/gnump3d/song.tags*) so it gets rebuilt.

No, this isn't the reason. Unless the format of the cache
file changed (what seems very unlikely to me and nothing
like that is mentioned in the changelog): The exact same
cache file works fine with the 2.9.8 release.

>> - File titles containing an '&' are displayed with '&' in the
>>   streamed file titles, still some HTML residues here :-)
>
> Thought this was supposed to be like that?

Not in the titles in the ID3 tags streamed to the player.
Music players normally don't know a thing about HTML and
so don't parse it. This leads to the HTML code displayed
as code in the player.

                   Cédric