[Gnump3d-users] slight improvement to gnump3d's tag cache footprint

From: Stuffed Crust
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] slight improvement to gnump3d's tag cache footprint
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:31:14 -0500

By replacing the TAG->value hash with a fixed array, I managed to shave
about 7% off gnump3d's memory footprint.  (from 182 to 169 megs, on my
system) That doesn't sound like much, but every little bit counts.  To
get significantly more would require something more intelligent than a
hash table of the full pathnames as the key.

Anyone else interested in this?  If so, I'll finish the patch.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy                                   ICQ: 1318344
Melbourne, FL