Re: [Gnump3d-users] Video streaming

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Video streaming
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:27:53 +0000

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 05:50:57PM -0500, Ian wrote:

>  Sorry, but I haven't been keeping up with events for a while now, but
> back before I stopped there was some discussion (initiated by me I
> believe) about getting gnump3d to work for streaming video.  Just
> wondering if anything has happened/status etc.  I'd be willing to mess
> with it again if nobody else has, but had very little luck last time.

  gnump3d will serve movies just fine, via HTTP.

  It doesn't do anything fancy to stream them in the way that
 some other projects do though.  What that really means is that
 if your player will immediately play downloading movies you're
 fine - if not you're out of luck and the whole thing will download
 prior to playback.

  From memory I can't think which player you should be using
 since I don't actually mess around with movies myself.

Steve