Re: [Gnump3d-users] Upcoming changes ..

From: Stuffed Crust
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Upcoming changes ..
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:04:40 -0500

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 09:38:05AM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   I propose changing the layout to this:
>
>         /usr/share/gnump3d/lang/theme

Any progress on this?  Current CVS doesn't work due to a distinct lack
of themes.  :)

That said, I don't think your original proposal is that sane, as it
basically means that we'll have to provide translated copies of every
(otherwise identical) theme.

It makes far more sense to properly internationalize all output strings,
and have those referenced in the themes.  (via Locale::PGetText)

We'd need a set of "core" strings, plus one set of per-theme strings.
It actually makes for a decent upgrade path:

1a) Convert core from gnump3d::template to HTML::Template
1b) Convert one or two core themes to HTML::Template
2a) Add per-theme internationalization support
2b) Add internationalization strings for core themes
3a) Add "global" internationalization support
3b) Start merging common strings from themes into core
    (things like labels, headers, about text, stuff like that..)

Thoughts?

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy                                   ICQ: 1318344
Melbourne, FL