[Gnump3d-users] New Install: Random/play kills XMMS on Debian.

From: hurrells
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] New Install: Random/play kills XMMS on Debian.
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 14:58:04 -0500

Hello.

New Gnump3 user today. Everything appears to work fine except random play.
Server: Debian/testing, apache 2.x, KDE, arts sound
Client: Linux/xmms with basic music plugins for mp3, wav, flac.

Note: That a Windows 2kp/Winamp or Windows/Windows Media Player client works OK.

1. I can click on random play tab and a list of 20 random songs comes up.
2. When I click on play XMMS appears to come up and then crashes out.
2b. If I have XMMS already up then it crashes when I try random play.
3. XMMS works fine with any other part of the system including playlists.
4. XMMS works fine with music and playlist files outside of GNUMP3.

I have tried:
1. Reading alot on this mailing list.
2. removing file associations for .m3u and removing excess XMMS plugins.
3. I think the problem is with my client and Linux/XMMS.
4. I am loading in

Any new ideas to try?

Stephen