Re: [Gnump3d-users] m3u problems

From: Gauthier
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] m3u problems
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:01:40 +0200

Hello,

> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:25:19 -0800
> Michael Rensing <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I can browse the gnump3 web pages no problem, and when I click on "Play"
> > for a single tune, the mp3 downloads and then plays no problem. However,
> > when I click "Play" for an album, the playlist m3u file doesn't result
> > in in anything playing. The playlist downloads, and the individual songs
> > are correctly listed.

Maybe this helps: is it about "albums" created by gnump3 or prebuild
playlists in your directories ? On my PC, there are some playlists saved
by xmms, in format .m3u ; in fact, every track within is listed with the
ABSOLUTE (!) pathname (for instance,
/home/MyUserName/soul_funk/Wilson_Pickett-Get_Me_Back_On_Time.mp3)
When I used gnump3d as a client on the same PC where it runs as server,
xmms was loaded by my browser, and found in the file the correct path,
so everything seemed me normal.

But when somebodyelse on my network tried, that didn't ; the .m3u file
was downloaded, but the pathnames weren't correct, and xmms remains
silent...

It's different when you click on a link of a directory, because gnump3d
creates a .m3u file with "network"-pathes, beginning with
http://hostname:8888/foo.mp3.

So ?
--
Gauthier