Re: [Gnump3d-users] still can't get gnump3d to install on nslu2

From: Guillem
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] still can't get gnump3d to install on nslu2
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 05:12:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Cle and all,

I'm also currently trying to install and use gnump3d in my NSLU2. This
thread has been very helpful, since
I was stuck right in the same place as you (make install not found).
Installing coreutils solved the problem.
But.... now I run into a different situation, when I try to start the deamon
it complains that
no socket can be created,

----------
bash-3.1# gnump3d --debug
Registered plugin : plugins::bug
Registered plugin : plugins::copying
Registered plugin : plugins::info
Registered plugin : plugins::now
Use of implicit split to @_ is deprecated at
/opt/lib/perl5/site_perl/gnump3d/plugins/playlist.pm line 321.
Registered plugin : plugins::playlist
Registered plugin : plugins::prefs
Registered plugin : plugins::random
Registered plugin : plugins::recent
Registered plugin : plugins::search
Registered plugin : plugins::size
Registered plugin : plugins::stats
Registered plugin : plugins::tagbrowse
  Couldn't create the listening socket for receiving incoming
 requests upon

  Perhaps the port 8081 is already in use?

  This is the error message the system returned:

     Cannot assign requested address

I was using gnump3d in a pc and never seen that before.
I checked and checked, but I cannot figure out how to solve this. The port
8081 should not be already in
use, there's nothing else running but thttpd in another port.

Does anybody have a clue? Maybe a missing perl package? Some network
misconfiguration?

Any help is highly apreciated!

Thanks,

Guillem