[Gnump3d-users] Re: blank page as result when accessing the root of gnum

From: Markus Drexelius
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Re: blank page as result when accessing the root of gnump3d-server
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 15:18:40 +0200

Hi!

I am still searching for a solution, so I am trying anything possible...

One question:

What happens, when I am starting gnump3d? When I start it with the command "gnump3d &" from a root shell, the following is displayed and then nothing happens (I will not come back to the command line):

"
Use of implicit split to @_ is deprecated at /usr/share/perl5/gnump3d/plugins/playlist.pm line 321.
GNUMP3d v2.9.9.1 by Steve Kemp
http://www.gnump3d.org/

GNUMP3d is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions.

For full details please visit the COPYING URL given below:

  Copying details:
    http://localhost:8888/COPYING

  GNUMP3d now serving upon:
    http://localhost:8888/

  GNUMP3d website:
    http://www.gnump3d.org/

 Indexing your music collection, this may take some time.

 (Run with '--fast' if you do not wish this to occur at startup).

  Indexing complete.
"

Is this ok or is there anything wrong when starting the daemon? With the "&" the daemon should start and I should come back to the command line, isn't?!

Maybe this is in relation with the blank page, that is displayed, when I am accessing the root page?

Thanks,

Markus

Markus Drexelius schrieb:
Hi,

I am running ubuntu 7.04 and I have installed gnump3d for testing.

I have modified it so it listens to port 80.

When I try to access the server from my webbrowser (e.g. http://192.168.1.1), only a blank white page comes back as result. When I enter an URL that doesn't exist (e.g. http://192.168.1.1/xyz) the correct webpage of gnump3d with the default theme is displayed with the error message:

"The requested file /xyz couldn't be found. Please try returning to the index."

When I click to "index" (--> http://192.168.1.1) the blank page is displayed again.

When I click on "Random Selection" for example, my MP3-files are displayed and I can access them...

There is no error in the error log:
Set-Cookie: theme=Tabular;path=/; expires=Mon, 10-Mar-08 14:36:42 GMT;

Header: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Connection: close
Server: GNUMP3d 2.9.9.1
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache
Set-Cookie: theme=Tabular;path=/; expires=Mon, 10-Mar-08 14:36:42 GMT;

Do you have any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks a lot!

Yours,

Markus