[Gnump3d-users] Re: blank page as result when accessing the root of gnum

From: Markus Drexelius
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Re: blank page as result when accessing the root of gnump3d-server
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 11:27:32 +0200

Hi Brandon!

I have fixed the problem: the parent folder of the MP3-root folder didn't have read and execute permissions for "others" (but for the group where I have included the user "gnump3d").

Now after "o+x" and "o+r" it works fine.

One (maybe silly) last question: when I enter "groups gnump3d" the result is: "gnump3d : nogroup gemeinsam"

Could the problem be, that "gnump3d" is member of the group "nogroup"? Or isn't it a special group that has no effect of the membership to other groups (like the group "gemeinsam")?

I am asking that, because the group access should permit the user gnump3d to have execute-access to the parent folder of MP3-root...

So I can't explain to myself, why it doesn't work before, only when I give execute permissions for everybody it works fine...

Normally I want to give only very restrictive rights to access anything on my server, so giving everybody directory-listing (execute) and read access to a directory where other data/directories are stored is not in this sense of security...

Thanks for the great support!!!!

Yours,

Markus