Re: [Gnump3d-devel] Re: [Gnump3d-users] Re: [gnump3d] authentification H

From: samuel alba
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] Re: [Gnump3d-users] Re: [gnump3d] authentification HTTP digest
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 19:59:48 +0200

Hi,

you can read in the configuration file, near line 300 :
------------------
#  OR, for Digest authentification, the password file should be of
# the following format:
#
#  username:hash
#  username2:hash2
#
# hash or hash2 represent MD5(login:GNUMP3d:password)
# To generate an hash string, type:
#  $> echo -n 'username:GNUMP3d:password' | md5sum

You can also generate auth lines with htdigest binary from apache-utils package.

If you don't understand something else about auth .password file
generation, don't hesitate to reply :)

- shad