Re: [Gnump3d-users] Strange problem

From: Marty Huntzberry
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Strange problem
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 09:37:03 -0400

I run FC7 but not with gnump3d.  I do run gnump3d on port 8001, though, in
Slackware and tried those commands.  Only the first one showed anything
useful:

address@hidden:~# lsof | grep 8001
gnump3d   2323 nobody    3u     IPv4       7103                  TCP *:8001
(LISTEN)

Fedora uses Security Enhanced Linux (SE Linux) which may conflict with a
server.  Just an idea....

Also, I noticed that my server puts out blank pages if the permissions aren't
right (rw-r-r or chmod 644 index.html).

My server is working fine:

http://linuxhippy.servemp3.com:8001/

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:48:46 +0100
David Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:

Kumar Narayanan wrote:
> Hai
> I have been using gnumpd for a while now with kubuntu(7.04) without a
> hitch...recently I moved to Fedora Core 7 and used  yum to install
> gnump3d. I am using the port 8001 and port forwarding has been
> activated. I have also shutdown the firewall and yet gnump3d doesn't
> work. I get a blank page when I test from both the localhost as well as
> an external machine.
>
> I tried adding the line gnump3d --fast restart to /etc/profiles and I
> get the following message:
>
> address@hidden ~]# gnump3d --fast restart
> Use of implicit split to @_ is deprecated at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/gnump3d/plugins/playlist.pm line 321.
>   Couldn't create the listening socket for receiving incoming
>  requests upon
>
>   Perhaps the port 8001 is already in use?

why not check?

lsof | grep 8001

or

netstan -an | grep -i listen | grep 8001

or

telnet localhost 8001

Dave