[Gnump3d-users] password doesn't work

From: Manu Hack
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] password doesn't work
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:44:31 -0500

Hi,

I'm running GNUMP3d v3.0 on Debian sid.  Everything works except the
password.  I followed the instruction and put a file .password with a
line hello:123123 in the root directory.

and here is my .gnump3rc

enable_password_protection = 1
user = nobody

However, I can still load the page without being asked the password,
either locally or from outside.  I also start gnump3d --debug but it
didn't mention anything about the password.  So what could I do to
make it work?  Thanks.

Manu