Re: [Gnump3d-users] At a clients prompting...

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] At a clients prompting...
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:25:42 -0500 (EST)

> On Tue Jan 08, 2008 at 07:35:01 -0500, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
>
> >     At a clients prompting, you are supposedly misrepresenting
> > gnump3d as a streaming server (One where its ALWAYS playing something
> > and if you attach to it your more than likely going to come in on the
> > middle of a song/etc) when it is more of a on-demand playlist server.
>
>   semantics.
>
>   It is called a streaming server because it streams music from
>  a central site to remote clients.
>
>   IceCast does something different, it is more akin to a "broadcaster"
>  than a "streamer".  If you icecast behaviour then install icecast.

Hi,

        Please don't shoot the messenger. My client had issue with
it and I said I would bring it up here, and I did. I kept my
promise to my client, now I can bill him. ;) (KIDDING)

        I understand the concept/semantics.

        The requirements changed again from the time I received that
email, and his next email. Now he wants to imbed multiple mp3's
into html on a hotspot login page and onto his website. Hes
gotten frustrated with me and said (To the effect of ) "I can't do
this all on a mini mac without having to deal with you at all on
it, so I'm buying one of those, I don't need your help anymore".

        Thanks for the reply.

                        Tuc