Re: [Gnump3d-users] Can't stream videos

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Can't stream videos
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:22:29 +0100

On Fri Apr 24, 2009 at 20:03:05 -0700, Mr Burnay wrote:

> If you don't know the cause, please indicate me some documentation (tutorial
> like) so that I can solve the problem.

  The issue is that streaming videos requires your client to support it.

  90% of the time your browser will merely download fully and then
 launch a media player on the downloaded copy of the file - and not
 stream it.

  It works with .avi + vlc, as you say, that's because the browser and
 client know about these files.  You just need to find the right
 combination of client + media type and it will work.

  GNUMP3d doesn't do anythign special in regard to movies, its no
 different then clicking on a link in an Apache index for example.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/