Re: [Gnump3d-users] Is This Normal Streaming Behavior?

From: Bryan Moore
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Is This Normal Streaming Behavior?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:37:19 -0400

Okay, some additional wrinkles. If I attempt to open any avi file, both Opera10 and Firefox 3.0.11 try to download the file on my Xubuntu lappie and IE8, Opera9, and Firefox3 do the same on my wife's XP lappie. HOWEVER, if I try and open a stream in mplayer, it crashes with ridiculous amounts of errors, to the point I need to killall mplayer. Opening a stream in VLC, though, works PERFECTLY. Huh?