[Gnump3d-users] Proxy + X-Forwarded-For

From: Michael Carpenter
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Proxy + X-Forwarded-For
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:40:35 -0400

Hi,

I'd like to configure gnump3d so that I can use apache to proxy my requests.
Instead of opening an extra port on my firewall I would like to just do the
following:

ProxyPass /music/ http://localhost:8888/
ProxyPassReverse /music/ http://localhost:8888/

The first problem I ran in to was the links... but it was easy enough to modify
the templates to use the correct address.

The problem now is that since the proxy is sending 'Host' as 127.0.0.1, and
then sending the original requestor as the X-Forwarded-For header. I don't want
to add 127.0.0.1 to my allowed-users, since this would effectively let anyone
access the site through the proxy.

Any suggestions?

Michael