Re: [Gnump3d-users] Questions about web browser audio streaming.

From: Brandon Kuczenski
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Questions about web browser audio streaming.
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:49:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 5 May 2011, Me Myself and I wrote:

Hello, there, all gnuMP3d  officinandos!

I have the following related questions to the linux, webserving version of your
program.

-does gnuMP3d indeed offer streaming of live audio from a microphone
 to, say, Windows media player via a tcp/ip network or the internet?
 By live streaming, I do intend to ask about live sound, and not prerecorded
files?

You want Icecast and Darkice.

http://icecast.org <-- web server
http://darkice.org <-- live audio stream source, connects mic to icecast

-May the gnuMP3d  be used to stream sound via a webpage, being transmitted via
apache,tomcat or JBoss 5 application server? Via similar HTML code in the page:

Gnump3d is instead of an apache infrastructure-- it contains its own web server code. It's probably not appropriate for embedded content. It could be used to provide the 'src' url for what you describe below.

<embed src='river.mp3' autoStart='true' loop='true' width='0' height='0'
type='audio/mpeg'/>

-Could I be pointed in the right direction for [Tomcat/Apache/JBoss AS] plugins
to acheive my first and second
question aims?

Not on this list.  Ask on a tomcat/apache/jboss list.

-Brandon