Re: [Gnump3d-users] Gnump3d help - will index but not stream

From: Richard Wheelock
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] Gnump3d help - will index but not stream
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:46:26 -0500

Hi Jim,

I've changed the binding_host to the server's IP (192.168.1.9, which is static), and the host name to that of the DHCP/DNS entry on my router, restarted the daemon, and there doesn't seem to be any change.

As before, I can access the GNUMP3D web interface from any PC on the LAN, including the server itself at 192.168.1.9:8888, but the links act the same way they did before. (I had been using 127.0.0.1 from the local machine to try and keep things simple). I'd like to get everything working locally before I start setting up a dynamic DNS to access it over the internet.

What makes me think that this is a file system permissions issue is that it seemed to work perfectly when I just copied a few files into the /var/music folder. It indexed and played music as I would expect it to, on any computer on the LAN, without a binding_host or hostname configured. But after I created the symlink to /media/Share/Music, it would index the files but not play them.

Thanks again for your help,

Richard