[GNUnet-developers] P2P article

From: Blake Matheny
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] P2P article
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:54:39 -0500

Sorry to post this link, as I'm sure many of you have already seen it:

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/index.html
which was linked from
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/20/0143248&mode=thread&tid=156

Has anyone looked into the design of BitTorrent? I'm curious what type of
algorithms they're employing for routing, bandwidth conservation, and content
detection. Also means of anonymity (if any). I took a quick peek at the source
code and it's almost all written in python, and looks like it was designed
more for a simple means of distributing files. Not much documentation, and from
the quick peek doesn't look like much design either. Just curious what other
peoples impressions are.

-Blake

--
Blake Matheny