[GNUnet-developers] gdbm patch

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] gdbm patch
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 14:17:51 -0500

Hi!

I've just applied the gdbm patch. This will of course cause problems, in
particular the CVS version is now incompatible (in terms of the format how
content is stored) with all prior versions. And worse, there is no converter
implemented at the moment.

Either way, I strongly believe that the new database approach will be
beneficial and that we should get it to work. Notice that the database format
may still change, so re-inserting billions of files into the new format is
probably a bad idea (TM). We will have an automatic converter once we're sure
how the new format looks like (should be trivial to write anyway).

cheers