Re: [GNUnet-developers] gdbm patch

From: Uli Luckas
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gdbm patch
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 22:59:26 +0200

Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> Why gdbm and not Berkley DB?  I image Berkley DB will be more efficient
> and flexible since it is actively maintained unlike gdbm which hasn't been
> updated since 1999.  Berkley DB is under a GPL compatible license.
>
> See. http://www.sleepycat.com/
>
> I don't really care.  Just wondering.

Hi Kevin,
i did some more research on record managers and found a far better
library for
this purpose.
I am in the process of creating a  new patch for Christian to modify his
latest
checkin to use tdb.
tdb offers the functionality of the typical *db package and in addition
allows
for multiple writers.
tdb is written by a verry trustworthy author: Andrew Tridgell, the
author of
samba.

Uli