Re: [GNUnet-developers] gdbm patch

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gdbm patch
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 17:48:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Uli Luckas wrote:

> i did some more research on record managers and found a far
> better library for this purpose. I am in the process of creating a new
> patch for Christian to modify his latest checkin to use tdb. tdb offers
> the functionality of the typical *db package and in addition allows for
> multiple writers. tdb is written by a verry trustworthy author: Andrew
> Tridgell, the author of samba.

The newer versions of Berkley DB also use locking and allow to allow for
multiple writers.  Berkeley DB also has extensive support to ensure the
database doesn't get permanently corrupted.  However Tdb may be more
suitable since it is similar.  I guess only time will tell.  I am using
Berkeley DB for my project (DistribNet).

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org