[GNUnet-developers] Configurable Content Store

From: bmatheny
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Configurable Content Store
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:11:04 -0500 (EST)

Hey All,
I commited some changes to CVS to enable a configurable content store. This
means that GDBM is no longer required and that new storage methods can be added
relativly easily. The current method defaults to using gdbm (or fails if not
found) when the configure script is run. If you wish to use tdb or a directory
for storage, configure --with-storage=FOO where FOO is gdbm, tdb, or directory.
If you're bored, try it out and let me know if you run into problems. Keep in
mind that currently old data formats are not compatible with new data formats,
i.e. moving from gdbm to tdb will make the data 'unaccessable' to GNUnet. We
will be getting a conversion utility done sometime soon to allow users to easily
change formats, but probably not before the next release. Thanks!

-Blake