Re: [GNUnet-developers] Java

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Java
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 01:26:04 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Brett Wooldridge wrote:

> Why was the Java port not kept as a parallel effort?  I'd be
> interested in working on/maintaining a Java version, but would
> just as soon be shot in the head as go back to C -- which I did
> for 8 years.

As I see it, the current developers do not have enough
time to work even on the C implementation as much as
would be useful.

We can have dreams. Changes of heart. We can refocuse.
And we can end up getting nowhere, never committing to
anything. The C version is where we are now. Lets make
the most of it, with what little resources we have.

Igor