Re: [GNUnet-developers] Freenet 0.5

From: Brett Wooldridge
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Freenet 0.5
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 17:47:33 -0600

Glenn McGrath wrote:

The Free Software Foundation have every right to place conditions on
software that they give their blessing to.

GNUnet is an officaly part of the GNU project, (ref
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnunet/)

It is my understanding that when gnet (the old project name) considered
becoming an official GNU app one of the things the FSF wanted was that it
not be written in java.
I find this rather hard to believe. I've found nothing but pages that support Java at GNU's site. If FSF didn't support Java, they wouldn't issue press releases
like the following:

http://www.gnu.org/press/2001-06-18-GCC.pdf