Re: [GNUnet-developers] Freenet 0.5

From: Krista Bennett
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Freenet 0.5
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 19:49:07 -0500

Brett Wooldridge hath spoken thusly on Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 05:47:33PM -0600:
> >It is my understanding that when gnet (the old project name) considered
> >becoming an official GNU app one of the things the FSF wanted was that it
> >not be written in java.
> >

> I find this rather hard to believe.  I've found nothing but pages that
> support Java
> at GNU's site.  If FSF didn't support Java, they wouldn't issue press
> releases
> like the following:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/press/2001-06-18-GCC.pdf

Not to be antagonistic, Brett, but I've actually seen the request letter
Stallman sent Christian. It was a request we had no problem complying
with, and I assure you that Glenn is correct in his statement.

- Krista

Krista Bennett                               address@hidden
Graduate Student
Interdepartmental Program in Linguistics
Purdue University

         If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit.
             There's no use being a damn fool about it.
                           -- W.C. Fields