[GNUnet-developers] Binding to multiple IP addresses

From: Nathan Lutchansky
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Binding to multiple IP addresses
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:19:09 -0500

After taking a look at the transport infrastructure in the GNUnet CVS, it
appears that the core assumes that each transport will create no more than
one HELO message.  This artificially limits us to one addr/port binding
with the UDP transport, preventing a GNUnet instance from advertising
multiple IP addresses.  Is there a reason this was done, or was it just an
artifact of the chosen API?

Also, I notice that UDP binds are done to the INADDR_ANY address, even
though we know the correct address we should be sourcing packets from.  Is
there any reason the UDP transport does not bind to the address given by
getPublicIPAddress() in passivesock()?  I can think of several reasons
a wildcard bind would cause problems, but can think of no reasons a
specific bind would hurt anything...  -Nathan

--
Help filter spam!  PGP-sign your email.