Re: [GNUnet-developers] MySQL/Service/three structure/gnunet.conf

From: Krista Bennett
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] MySQL/Service/three structure/gnunet.conf
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 06:06:58 -0500

Jan Marco Alkema hath spoken thusly on Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 08:17:26AM -0800:

Hi Jan Marco:

> Krista in mine view there are 3 parts of software:
>
> 1) {Java GUI + jdbc} for Linux/Windows. Windows version should have a
> installer program. 12 march 2003 the new Cdfoon 2003 will be out --). For
> the foonrip project I have to make a port to JDBC. Because of the
> intellectual property problem I will name it foonsearch.jar.

Again, although this seems to be a futile effort, I warn you that simply
renaming someone else's code does not make it any less theft of
intellectual property. We will not be a part of this effort of yours, and
I think Igor's response to this issue the last time it came up says
everything that needs to be said at this point. Please do not expect
assistance, discussion, or distribution of this code on our part. I'm not
going to argue about this one anymore, but let me just state again that
you publically discussing such illicit efforts on a list that anyone can
read (and which is publically archived in several places) will be of great
assistance to the prosecution should anyone ever try to litigate.

> 2) Windows GUI (Microsoft Visual C++ (Studio) compiler) for Windows. This
> version should have a Windows installer. I will try rewrite existing Windows
> GUI source code. I begin with www.grub.org.

The GUI isn't going to be the only issue for you using MVC++. You are
certainly welcome to rewrite the code for the MVC++ compiler - I wish you
luck.

> 3) {gnunetd + vsftpd + odbc} for Linux and Windows (Windows could have two
> ports. One is Cygwin and the second is Microsoft Visual C++ (Studio)
> compiler). Optimal will be that the three compilers (GCC, Cygwin, Visual
> C++) can build the core engine.

Cygwin isn't a compiler. The Cygwin port uses gcc. Again, if you're that
excited about using MVC++, you're welcome to do a port (or whatever else
you want). I'm interested to see how it turns out.

I'm not sure your message conveyed in any way what you're trying to do or
why you're trying to do it, but I'm growing used to this feeling :)

- K

Krista Bennett                               address@hidden
Graduate Student
Interdepartmental Program in Linguistics
Purdue University

         If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit.
             There's no use being a damn fool about it.
                           -- W.C. Fields