Re: [GNUnet-developers] MySQL/mine ideas.

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] MySQL/mine ideas.
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:37:16 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Jan Marco Alkema wrote:

> Today I have reviewed mine ideas I wrote in September 2002. See appendix for
> mine ideas.

Excuse me for being a bit simple, but why are you telling us
this? ;) It was quite lenghty and I couldn't figure out the
reason right away. It is true that you have suggested features
for gnunet or a general fs app before, but I've rarely felt
the arguments solid enough, or the ideas have seemed
incompatible with what gnunet is trying to achieve. Here
you seem to propose some entire system, but its not too
readable, unfortunately. You should try writing a
detailed paper or a web page with more clarity.

Partly this incomprehensibility (no offence intended) might
be due to language barrier, and I'm sad to say but I think
the problem is less on my side. :( A good start would be if you'd
use word "my" instead of "mine". I'm no linguistic, but I'm fairly
sure that you'll be on safer ground if you'd by default use "my",
and "mine" only in constructions of form "XXXXX is mine"
(e.g. "thats mine") or when you talk about the place where
the dwarves work. Many might wonder why I make an issue of
mere technicality but no-one else seems to bother and I've
been reading that mine stuff for months now, and it doesn't
seem to go away by itself. ;)

Igor (exponentiating the off-topic)