Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet download problem

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet download problem
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 04:49:07 -0500

On Mittwoch, 26. März 2003 12:23 Igor Wronsky wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, eric haumant wrote:
> > To do so, I've inserted a 100Mbytes' file (it has taken 30 min on a P4
> > 2.4GHz !!).

I've hacked the code a bit today, and I can insert 50 MB now in about 2
minutes on a PIII 1 GHZ. Before my hacking, it took about as long as you
described above. One of the tricks was to replace the gdbm pindex in the new
high_simple database with a directory-style database that copes better with
the fact that typically lots of content has the same priority.