Re: [GNUnet-developers] Databases benchmark and problem

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Databases benchmark and problem
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:30:07 -0500

Well, the current use of 'diskquota' may need to be fixed (but there should be
a fixme in the code). If you specify a quota of 300 MB, that means that
GNUnet is allowed to store 300.000 of the 1k blocks. We assume that indexing
takes "no" space for the indices (32 byte + DB overhead) and that the 1k
blocks have no overhead (in fact they have 32 byte + DB overhead).

You should get some 'reaction' from the code once you insert more than 300.000
blocks. [and yes, we may want to fix the quota-check to take the overhead
into account; this will require some minor changes]

Christian