RE: [GNUnet-developers] Databases benchmark and problem

From: Jan Marco Alkema
Subject: RE: [GNUnet-developers] Databases benchmark and problem
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:29:54 -0700

Hello Eric,

I am not familiar with GDBM. But speed is related to the use of indexes. If
a database system don't use indexes then the speed will be very related to
the size of the database.

Uses GDBM indexes? How can I add an index in GDBM?

If I want to create an index in MySQL I give the next command for example:
CREATE INDEX idx_catalog ON catalog (FileSize, MD5);

If you want to benchmark databases then the breakdown in main database size
and index size seems to me a good suggestion.

Maybe GDBM uses 2 indexes and MySQL 1. If you have more indexes on different
attributes then you have more if you want to search in a different way,

Greetings Jan Marco