Re: [GNUnet-developers] Databases benchmark and problem

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Databases benchmark and problem
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:36:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, eric haumant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just made some tests with the five database types of GNUnet. This
> results have been made with a 100Mo file (with random content) that have
> been inserted in the database. Here is the results :
>
> - MySQL :
>    Upload Speed : 400 ko/s
>    Download Speed : 300 ko/s
>    Space used : 113 Mo.
>

> - GDBM :
>    Upload Speed : 500 ko/s
>    Download Speed : 400 ko/s
>    Space used : 148 Mo.
>
> - TDB :
>    Upload Speed : 27 ko/s
>    Download Speed : 12 ko/s
>    Space used : 118 Mo.
>
> - BDB :
>    Upload Speed : 340 ko/s
>    Download Speed : 260 ko/s
>    Space used : 435 Mo (DISKQUOTA=300 !!).

BDB has a lot of tunable parameters.  You might get better performance and
space usage by reading over the performance parts of
http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/reftoc.html and perhaps adjusting some of
them.  I don't see any reason why BDB should be far worse than GDBM once
tuned properly.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org