Re: [GNUnet-developers] insert - delete tests

From: N. Durner
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] insert - delete tests
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 13:31:44 +0100

Hello Eric,

> We can
> see that after a deletion the insertion althougt increase the database
> size (25.6Mb, 29.1Mb, 33Mb) where the full indexation take
> 91.1 Mb. After deletion we loose space and insertion speed.
That's not a GNUnet problem, but a database problem in general. As far as I
know, even the big databases (Oracle, for example) just mark the content as
deleted, the content itself is not discarded and therefore the database
doesn't shrink.
To release the space, you have to unload/dump the database to a file and
import it again.

Best regards,

Nils