Re: Fwd: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: amortizable hashcash paper

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Re: amortizable hashcash paper
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:10:12 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, someone wrote:

> Perhaps a different approach is needed.  Ideas I've had to date
> with developing a local trust based system for moderators
> (I "trust" the rating opinions of people who rate things
> the same way I have rated things in the past) have just
> been too heavyweight on the searches.
> Any other ideas and opinions out there?

It seems that these days I'm only spamming off-topic software,
but here goes. ;)

There has been some work towards this goal in the
freenet community. They have some sort of nonspammable
message board and development version of Frost also tries
to achieve spam reduction. Again, I don't know if either has
documentation or what kind of approaches they use,
but its still probably cheaper to give those things a run
and see why/if/how they suck, before reinventing the same
mechanisms accidentally.

Igor