[GNUnet-developers] Re: [patch] BDB crash

From: N. Durner
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [patch] BDB crash
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 13:07:52 +0100

>   Was the patch supposed to be against v0.5.3 (which I applied it to) or
> a CVS version?
I diffed against the CVS. But if patch didn't complain, everthing went
fine...

>   Also, I'll ask again in case you missed it the first time: Are you
> sure it's OK that it linked itself against libdb3 rather than libdb1
> or libdb2?
libdb3 is fine, I haven't tested GNUnet with libdb1 or libdb2... :-)

> I don't remember anyone saying which version it was written for.
I use 4, 3 should work, too.

>   It could well be that all three have compatible APIs but that some
> implementation differences make (foo) OK in one version but not another.
As far as I know, the API changed a bit everytime a new major version was
released.

Please try the attached patch, it provides additional debug info (don't
forget "-L DEBUG").

Nils