[GNUnet-developers] Re: [patch] BDB crash

From: N. Durner
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [patch] BDB crash
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 22:18:48 +0100

>  Tried to fprint an int as a string and a string as an int! :)
Oops :-)

> I couldn't find any other similar tool. Oh, I suppose it'd be a db3
utility
> it's talking about..
Yes, db_recover.
But up to now, BDB databases aren't recoverable... I'm working on it.

> OK if I just delete the DB and start again fresh,
> or is there any more to be learnt from the thing?
My database got corrupted, too. I just deleted it (rm -r data && rm -r
state.sdb) and started GNUnet again.
Now it's working fine.

> BTW, I'm familiar enough with the _idea_ of backtraces, and I've used
> gdb in my own stuff, but- why was the function #0 always unnamed?
I have never seen that before, no idea. Perhaps there's no debug info in the
BDB libs.

Nils