Re: [GNUnet-developers] Windows implementation of fshcron.c

From: Krista Bennett
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Windows implementation of fshcron.c
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:40:37 -0500

jan marco alkema hath spoken thusly on Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 10:11:06PM +0200:
> I have Mysql on my Windows working also --)

That's because there's an existing working port *smirk*

> The first problem was that MVC++ don't uses the Linux include files. Richard
> told me to do the following:
>
> View -> Property Window (F4) -> Resource View -> fshcron righ mouse
> button -> Properties -> Precompiler Headers -> Create/Use Precompiled
> Header -> Set it to "Automatically Generate (/YX)"

Enjoy. I've already given you the reasons we don't use MVC++, but if you
want to experience the frustration personally, you go right ahead...

> PS. Another problem is that MVC++ don't have all the Linux functions in
> library.

Yes, and if you'll read the previous e-mails describing why we chose
Cygwin, this is ***high*** on the list. But, like many conversations I've
had on the list before, I've had this one with you already, and you're
welcome to try whatever you want *grin* If you get it working, I'll send
you a cookie. Maybe 2.

All I can tell you is that this avenue has already been pursued and was a
headache extraordinaire.

I have a brother like this... he has to learn everything the hard way, no
matter what you tell him :)

- Krista

Krista Bennett                               address@hidden
Graduate Student
Interdepartmental Program in Linguistics
Purdue University

     "You're more important than a bowl of spaghetti!" - My mom