Re: [GNUnet-developers] End-user wishlist

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] End-user wishlist
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:18:49 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> It was not my intention to address these things, because, as I said,
> it's a different problem with a different solution. (Actually, the real
> "solution" would be to vote for that bug in Mozilla's Bugzilla bug
> tracker. What you've proposed is merely a workaround.)
> My wish is just for a standard URL syntax, agreed upon by the developers
> and implemented simply in gnunet-download...

Ok, ok. There's clearly two issues here: standardized gnunet
url syntax (for afs and/or other protos) and allowing out-of-band
gnunet links in ordinary web. The latter approach has been
very successful with other p2p-apps and there's long-standing
and reliable link pages on the web. We can of course have both,
and I think that for the latter one the mimetype solution is
much more universal and easier to pull off.

Igor