RE: [GNUnet-developers] court rules "willful blindness is knowledge"

From: jan marco alkema
Subject: RE: [GNUnet-developers] court rules "willful blindness is knowledge"
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 08:24:35 +0200

Hello Kenneth, Ruslan, Igor,

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/07/01/HNmadsterwin_1.html

>So, there is no central control. You need an entry
point (e.g. from a guy you trust) and the rest works
by sort-of an auto-discovery.

If I work at http://www.bsa.org then I am searching for Ip addresses who
publish copy protected intellectual property (software, etc).

Like gnutella gnunet can give you Ip addresses of gnunet nodes.

If I download a file with gnunet. I know from which node I get which blocks
of the file. I only not know which node has the complete file. This node
published the copy protected property. Gnunet nodes can route the blocks of
the file on the gnunet network without having the file in complete form.

Suggestion:

I make a "virtual" gnunet network of all my friends.

Friend 1: piet: "Global Unique IDentifier=23423232"
Friend 2: mary: "GUID=21121221"
Friend 3: carl: "GUID=43343443"
..
Friend N: klaas: "GUID=2323388"

Carl makes a virtual gnunet network of his friend, etc.

Friend 1: niels: "GUID=2122332"
Friend 2: willem: "GUID=4332323"
..
Friend N: martijn: "GUID=232321"

If I do a search for something I ask my friends if they have it. If they
haven't, they ask there friends for what I want. Only feedback should come
from a friend of mine. N.B. No Ip address of no friend of my should be given
to me, because I could work at http://www.bsa.org

Greetings Jan Marco