[GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk portability

From: N. Durner
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk portability
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 12:10:25 +0200

Hi,

I've tried to build gnunet-gtk under CYGWIN using the GTK+ package from
http://www.dropline.net/gtk/.
It doesn't work because GTK+ relies on the Microsoft C runtime library and
it is not possible to use the CYGWIN runtime library (on which we rely on)
*and* the one from Microsoft.

So I started to write some "GTK-like" functions that simply call the
appropriate Windows API functions.
However, I have difficulties implementing "window manager" functions like
gtk_table_xxx and gtk_vbox_xxx, because there is no such thing under
Windows.

Would it be too bad to remove these functions from the gtkui-source and
hardcode sizes and positions?

Thanks,

Nils