RE: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk portability

From: jan marco alkema
Subject: RE: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk portability
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:15:39 +0200

Hello Nils,

>However, I have difficulties implementing "window manager" functions
likegtk_table_xxx and gtk_vbox_xxx, because there is no such thing under
Windows.

I have implemented JDBC routines in the Java Cdfoon GUI. I have tested the
Java GUI on Linux and Windows successfully. I feed the GUI from my Linux
(MySQL) server via JDBC protocol. There are > 6 * 1000000 records in the
database. It works very fast if you put indexes on the fields.

Only disadvantage is that MySQL takes 5 days to put indexes on every (15)
field.

I will try to rewrite it to

1. searching on persons;
2. searching on companies;