[GNUnet-developers] Large disk quota

From: Jussi Eloranta
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Large disk quota
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:40:11 +0300

Hi,

If I want to insert large amount of data without indexing (e.g. insert -n) then what is the recommended way of doing it?

I tried the following. I set disk quota to 50 gb, so that there is enough space. After this (I did remember to reinit the database; gdbm) the gnunetd refused to startup (ARGH (at xmalloc.c:some number, which I lost - anyway it is the source line number I guess)). I simply increased the limit for the check (in xmalloc.c) if(size > 1024 * 1024 * 40) to if(size > 1024 * 1024 * 80) and after that it started up and seems to be functioning properly even after inserting huge amount of data (with -n). What is this check for?
Is it safe to make it larger?

Jussi Eloranta