Re: [GNUnet-developers] Large disk quota

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Large disk quota
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:39:19 -0500

On Thursday 01 April 2004 14:29, Mind Booster Noori wrote:
> Which reminds me of something... Will GNUnet ever support MaxDB?

I'm not sure what the exact advantages of MaxDB are over MySQL for what we're
doing, but my feeling is that it should not take too much effort to adapt the
existing mysql plugin to any SQL database.  And since MaxDB is GPL, there's
no licensing issue either.

So the answer to your question is probably 'as soon as someone cares enough to
write a couple of lines of code' (if it takes that much; it might well be
possible that the current MySQL code works already -- I don't know enough
about MaxDB to answer that).