[GNUnet-developers] GNUnet Mail : crypto questions...

From: milan
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet Mail : crypto questions...
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:01:46 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi

Hi !

> I think that the most important problem could be the problem of security of
> contents...or you must force people to hard-encrypt mails. Then there must
> be a first direct contact between sender and receiver to get keys, and then
> you can send mails.

I don't think it could be a problem : we can automatically encrypt the
message
with receiver's public key (any algorithm, we must choose, but I'm not very
good in crypto), and then insert encrypted message as another file. No
contact is needed, and nobody can guess either the inserted file is a message
or a mp3...

> There is another problem in my opinion, many people could know who is
> sending messages to whom...Or maybe, the mail must be stored after a few
> nodes, and then you can't know who send the mail. The reveiver will decrypt
> the mail with his private key, but will not know who is the sender without
> decrypting.

As you say, expeditor identity can be stored in the encrypted message, so
only
the receiver can know who sent it. Using digital signatures, we can be sure
of the expeditor's identity, but allowing someone to be anonymous could also
be a good idea...

> scuse my english ;)

I'm french too ! My english must be as bad as yours...
J'adore Léa ! I love www.lea-linux.org)

> JT

Anyone interested so ? I must precise that Freenet does this, so we can see
how they do, and either their way is good or not.

          Milan