Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet mail ?

From: milan
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet mail ?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:06:15 +0200 (CEST)

The Namespaces system could be used, but I think the problem is that
Namespaces are made as only the private key owner can add content into it.
We should reverse this, but only the mailbox owner should can delete
messages from it, whereas everybody should can write but not read...

To get mails, the receiver should search a specific keyword in the
Namespace, or we must find a way to find every content that is in the
Namespace... It should be a protocol (if it runs !) to be much clearer.

I think that chat and mail protocols are quite different since chat's big
problem is time, whereas mail's big problem is time, but in the other way
: mails must can be stored after the sending node as gone, possibly for a
long time. Sure that it would also be a good experience for mail, but
twice can be useful to the other. And thinking about mail doesn't lock
chat since different people can manage the two projects... that's my idea
!

But what do the others think ?

       Milan