Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet mail ?

From: Nagy Ferenc László
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet mail ?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:56:30 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 10:37:31PM +0100, Marcos D. Marado Torres wrote:

> What's the need of anonymity on e-mail?
> Why use GNUnet (and I think this is the first time I'm thinking that GNUnet
> isn't a sollution for) when people can just use PGP or GPG and encrypt their
> e-mails?

One can encrypt a message by PGP/GPG but can't hide the sender, the addressee
and the fact of the communication. Also, the need for anonymity does not
depend on the number of recipients: it can be important when I send a letter
to one person, as much as when I share a file with the world.

Nagy Ferenc László