[GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] GNUnet CVS branched

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: [Help-gnunet] GNUnet CVS branched
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:27:33 +0100

Hi Christian,

One day, 18 hours, 2 minutes, 4 seconds ago,
Christian Grothoff wrote:
> I've just added a branch to GNUnet CVS for continued development of the 0.6.*
> codebase.  The HEAD will move on towards 0.7.0, breaking compatibility and
> being highly, highly unstable.  In fact, it is likely not to compile for a
> while.  If it compiles, it'll probably crash, if it does not crash, it will
> definitively not connect to the existing network.  You get the idea.  I'll
> post a note once it is safe to try things, until then CVS HEAD will only be
> useful for people that want to get their hands dirty (i.e., code).

Is there a place where we can learn more about the current plans for
0.7?

BTW, did you read the criticisms of GNUnet's economic model in [1]?

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[1] "Incentives for Cooperation in Peer-to-Peer Networks",
    http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~mfeldman/oath/